The role of the Interventionist is to provide students with direct instructional support to fill in educational gaps. The Interventionist is accountable for promoting standards-based literacy and numeracy instruction across the content areas using a multi-tiered approach and evidence-based interventions.
- Leading 1:1 or small group sessions to provide students with direct intervention support services that promote access to the core instruction in math and ELA
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to provide lessons, materials, and activities
- Keep teachers, staff and parents informed regarding the status of the interventionist services
- Provide non-evaluative classroom observation and feedback, modeling, and other supportive assistance necessary
Suggested Education, Certifications and Experience
- Successful experience working with K-8 students
- Skills in analyzing and using data to make instructional and behavioral decisions
- Previous tutoring experience desired
- High school diploma or higher level of education
- College degree and/or teacher certification encouraged
- Able to nurture and grow a student academically, as well as Social/Emotionally
You will see that ARS is:
- Academic Excellence
Since 1998 American Renaissance School (ARS) has worked to educate our young people as students and citizens. Located in the heart of downtown Statesville, NC, ARS is a welcoming environment where the arts are integrated into the curriculum and students are often seen about town. We believe learning extends beyond the classroom and we always strive to educate the whole child. Come for a stroll downtown, stop for a visit and experience one of the most unique educational environments anywhere.