Safe Return to School 2021/2022in Homepage Feed
From the Health & Safety Committee
We are excited to welcome our ARS families for the 2021-2022 school year. As previously mandated by Governor Cooper, all students will return to in-person learning, five days a week at both the Elementary and Middle School campuses. On Tuesday, July 27th our ARS Board of Directors voted to adopt the following mask policy for the beginning of the 2021/2022 school year:
● Masks are highly recommended but optional for students.
○ Masks will be optional for students and faculty when outside .
○ All visitors will be required to wear a mask (regardless of vaccination status).
○ Masks will be required for both students and faculty during school transportation according to local mandates.
● In the event of COVID-19 exposure at school, a quarantine would be required for all close contacts regardless of whether they wear a mask, per the requirements of the NCDHHS.
● The ARS Health and Safety committee will continue to utilize the COVID-19 warning system to determine whether additional or temporary mask requirements will be needed. A dashboard will be available on the website for parents and students to reference throughout the school year.
Our intention at American Renaissance is always to provide high quality education to all of our students. That can best occur when students are in school, being taught in person by their teachers. The same is true of their social and emotional wellbeing. This past year has shown us the value of being in the building in ways we never anticipated. Our goal this year is to keep our students in school, in person. For this reason, it is essential that our families use caution in evaluating symptoms and not send their children to school when they are sick.
The Health and Safety committee at ARS will continue to meet as needed throughout this school year to analyze data, evaluate, and monitor COVID-19 metrics within our community and school. We will revisit our safe return plans as needed and, if necessary, change our recommendations to the ARS Board of Directors on how ARS can safely operate during this school year.
Thank you for your continued support of ARS and we look forward to seeing you back at school.
-ARS Health & Safety Committee