EC Teacherin Homepage Feed, Careers
American Renaissance School has an immediate opportunity for an EC Teacher
You will see that ARS is:
- Academic Excellence
American Renaissance School is recruiting for an Exceptional Children’s Teacher. We are searching for a teacher to implement an instructional program for exceptional children in the special education classroom.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete all required IEP documentation as required by NC Policies Governing Services to Students with Disabilities within applicable timelines and compliance standards.
• Confer with parents, administrators, related services, and other IEP team members to develop individual educational programs (IEP) designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
• Serve as the case manager for an assigned group of students, organizing and maintaining the EC folder, coordinating all IEP meetings, and facilitating progress monitoring and reporting on all IEP goals.
• Plan and deliver specialized, individualized instruction to address skills and strategies that students with disabilities need to access the core curriculum and function successfully within a variety of contexts, to achieve mastery of curricular standards and to achieve individualized goals and objectives.
• Employ specially designed strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
• Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
• Collaborate with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic issues.
• Coordinate the inclusion of students with special needs into general education settings as appropriate and specified in the IEP.
• Instruct students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance and self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a partnership with school community
SUGGESTED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Certified in Special Education and Adaptive Curriculum preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location