Elementary School Principalin Homepage Feed, Careers
American Renaissance School has an immediate opportunity for an Elementary School Principal
You will see that ARS is:
- Academic Excellence
To serve as the principal of the elementary school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Provides leadership to development and improvement of the instructional programs.
- Organizes and develops a school climate that promotes adequate discipline of students, rapport with teachers, and understanding of parents to the end of an excellent learning environment.
- Collaborates with all appropriate administrative personnel, teaching staff, parents, students, and others in assuring the best education for all pupils, and coordinating efforts to this end.
- Provides the means for teachers to be successful through in-service training, counseling, and appropriate examples.
- Responsible for student scheduling and creation of the master schedule and calendar which supports the educational vision of the school.
- Interviews candidates and makes employment recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Collaborates with all appropriate administrative personnel in the process of building a good system for acquiring and evaluating substitute teachers.
- Builds positive public relations with all ARS stakeholder groups.
- Serves as a liaison in working with the PTO, School Improvement Team, and interested citizens in the interpretation of the school program and policies.
- Plans and organizes the use of school facilities in the best interests of the students, teachers, and the community.
- Organizes the building in a functional sense so that a smooth operation in terms of programs, staff functioning and student involvement is enhanced.
- Organizes and administers all aspects of the school within the approved policies of the Board of Education.
- Collaborates with the Director of Facilities to safeguard the buildings, furnishings, books, and apparatus contained therein from damage and insure proper care and cleanliness.
- Partners with the Executive Director and accounting firm representative in being knowledgeable of the operating budget and in making fiscally sound budgetary decisions.
- Responsible for all reports and special duties assigned by or with the approval of the Executive Director
- Facilitates communication between teachers and administration.
- Oversees possible retention procedures executed by teachers and makes final decisions regarding promotion/retention for designated students.
- Oversees the Data Manager to ensure that school staff members are following school processes in regards to attendance and grade as well as reporting that data.
- Complies with all NCDPI requirements regarding educational leadership and school improvement planning.
- Informs the Managing Director of all matters in the building that may have ramifications for the Board of Education or the district.
- Knowledgeable of the provisions of all collective bargaining agreements to properly administer those provisions for which the Principal is responsible.
- Performs all other duties commensurate with the position and that may be assigned.
- Directs and ensures supervision of all extra-curricular activities.
- Evaluates the performance of all staff assigned under supervision.
- Coordinates and oversees testing in collaboration with the School Test Coordinator.
- Attends and provides supervision during after school activities and events as necessary.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a partnership with school community
SUGGESTED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
NC licensure as a School Administrator
NC licensure based upon satisfactory completion of a program of graduate study leading to the Master’s Degree in School Administration in compliance with the NC requirements for such certification.
Prior experience as a successful classroom teacher is expected, and documented success as an assistant principal or high school principal is required.
A minimum of three years experience in school administration
A minimum of five years teaching experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location