Summer School @ ARS
We have an opportunity to provide our students in grades 4-8 a Summer School Program. The State of NC has helped create these guidelines and approve our plan. Ultimately, this program will be offered to students grades 4-8 in ELA who passed their subject but scored a Level 1 or 2 on End-of-Grade Assessment. This is separate from the Read to Achieve summer program offered to third graders. There are stipulations on who can participate, but we want all those who qualify to be able to attend this wonderful opportunity for remediation and re-teaching. When the End-of-Grade Assessment reports are received by the school in late May we will reach out to those who qualify and ask you to attend. We are excited to have Mr. Rob Orrill lead this camp. Please contact Mrs. Andrea Leluika if you have any questions in the mean time.
Purpose of Summer School Program: To provide re-teaching to students grades 4-8 in ELA who passed their subject but scored a Level 1 or 2 on End-of-Grade Assessment.
Summer School Program Instruction:
- Instructional Dates: June 10 - 21, 2019
- Grades 4 and 5: June 10 - 14* and
- Grades 6-8: June 17 - 21*
- *We will evaluate the number of students participating to determine if we keep this schedule or open it up to all grade levels for two weeks (only if the numbers are low).
- Number of Instructional Days: 8
- Instructional Hours/Minutes Per Day: 4 hours a day
Summer School Program Testing:
- Testing Dates: June 14th, June 22nd - Students will re-take their ELA EOG